Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: Elton says he wants to adopt boy

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Elton says he wants to adopt boy

    Imagine that.


    Sir Elton John has said he wants to adopt a toddler he met during a visit to an orphanage in Ukraine.

    The 62-year-old singer had performed at the orphanage, where some of the children's parents had died of Aids.

    Sir Elton said during a news conference that he had always rejected the idea of adoption because of his age and his lifestyle of regularly being on tour.

    But he said a 14-month-old boy called Lev had "stolen his heart" and forced him to consider a change of mind.

    'Wouldn't be fair'

    Sir Elton said he and partner David Furnish, 46, were asked whether they thought of adopting.

    He said: "David and I have always talked about adoption, David always wanted to adopt a child and I always said 'no' because I am 62 and I think because of the travelling I do and the life I have, maybe it wouldn't be fair for the child.


    What better opportunity to replace someone I lost than to replace him with someone I can give a future to
    Sir Elton John

    "But having seen Lev today, I would love to adopt him. I don't know how we do that but he has stolen my heart. And he has stolen David's heart and it would be wonderful if we can have a home. I've changed my mind today."

    The singer added that the death of his long-term keyboardist, Guy Babylon, had also influenced his decision.

    "Last week I lost one of my best friends; my keyboard player died of a heart attack at 52.

    "It broke my heart because he was such a genius and so young and has two wonderful children.

    "What better opportunity to replace someone I lost than to replace him with someone I can give a future to."
    Can you really replace someone you lost?
    GO VOLS

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Ironlung's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 17th, 2002
    Posts
    10,218
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton says he wants to adopt boy

    The Ukraine denied it. They don't recognize his marriage as a traditional marriage
    "There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"

  3. #3
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton says he wants to adopt boy

    Say the kid is more ****ed than anyone, would have been living niceeee.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member TheBeast's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 24th, 2004
    Posts
    4,351
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton says he wants to adopt boy

    Can you really replace someone you lost?
    In the minds of the fvcktards in hellywood you can.



    niceeee

    WTF is niceeee? Try niiiiiice next time, hooook-ed on p-honics work-ed for me.

    If EJ were sincere in wanting to give this kid a future he can without the adoption. He can find a MOTHER and father for him in the Ukraine and take care of the whole family and give a future to 3 people.
    [COLOR="Lime"][SIZE="6"][FONT="Century Gothic"]CREAG AN TUIRC[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR]
    [img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a183/mm38nut/thkfc.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikeJones's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8th, 2007
    Posts
    3,888
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Elton says he wants to adopt boy

    If I had to have a gay parent I think I would go for the butch lesbian mom over Elton.
    GO VOLS

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •